Class of 2009
Favourite Subject in School:
English and Music
Memories of Loreto Crumlin:
- Going on various school trips to places like Howth, Powerscourt Waterfall, Glendalough, visits to the theatre and museums, ice skating and, of course, the transition year trip to the Aran Islands.
- Three legged races, karaoke, barbecues and the teachers vs students football match on Fun Day.
- The annual transition year musical, in particular I have great memories of our class performance of “The Wiz”.
- Spectating and taking part in debating competitions.
- Choir rehearsals and performances for various school events.
- Most importantly I have many happy memories of times shared with the life long friends I made and, likewise, of the truly supportive and encouraging teachers I had, throughout my time as a student in Loreto Crumlin.
My Journey Through Education:
- Two Subject Moderatorship in Geography and Economics (B.A.), Trinity College Dublin (2009-2013)
- HDip in Education (Primary), Marino Institute of Education (2014-2015)
My Career Path:
I have been working as a primary school teacher since I graduated from the HDip in 2015. I have been lucky to have had the opportunity to gain experience as both a mainstream class teacher and as a special education teacher in my school since then.