In 2000, all members of the school community at Loreto College Crumlin Road came together to draw up a new Mission Statement for the school which would reflect the aspirations and hopes of everyone in the school as we entered the New Millennium.
The beautiful Triptych, representing our Mission Statement was painted by senior Art students Leanne Mooney and Jennifer Kelly, Samantha Boggins, Claire Behan and Amy Kavanagh.
At the start of the new Millennium, we in Loreto College, Crumlin Road celebrate our identity as a Loreto school. Our belief in the immense capacity of the human person for learning inspires us to provide a school, which offers students a positive educational experience. Immersed in a pluralist society, we take up the challenge to:
• Create a stimulating learning environment which
- cultivates curiosity
- encourages exploration
- nurtures creativity
so that each of our students may have the opportunity to reach the fullness of her academic and personal potential.
• Promote a school culture which
- values diversity and its enriching effect on our school
- creates and supports structures which enhance the self esteem of all
- nurtures the ethos of respect for self, others, the wider community and the earth
• Celebrate a joyful Christian faith that informs the search for personal fulfilment and leads to justice.
In partnership with parents and guardians, we seek to empower our students as they journey towards becoming mature, discerning, compassionate women of integrity.